Saturday 17 March 2012

Journey to a New Style: part 1

For me, changing my look is a way of moving on, of getting over a period in my life or an unhealthy obsession. While Betty Boop washed that man out of her hair I dye my men out of it. For the last few months I have been in limbo between wanting to break away from gal while still loving the fashion, and while it will always have a special place in my heart I think I have found something better that is more the me that I want to be, and more like the me I used to know.

Recently I have been looking more and more at photos of Felice Fawn. A totally gorgeous model, photographer and artist who combines high street and designer fashion with Goth aesthetics and her love of the occult. (These are all the main qualities of the "Nu Goth" look which I have subsequently been researching now as a result)




(mmmmmm litas! <3)
The more I learn about her the more I feel inspired to start working on my wardrobe and my look again. When I was 11 I discovered Wicca while on holiday in Boscastle, the home of the worlds largest witchcraft museum. Around the same time I met my second cousins at a family party, who were all into alternative and Gothic fashion (so it turns out I get my interests from my mums side) and it opened my eyes up to a whole new world. I'm now starting to revisit some of these things, albeit only in a fashion sense but I'm beginning to feel re-connected with my little 11 year old self and excited once again.

In this series of blog posts I'm going to track my progress into my new style, inspired by Felice Fawn, my own former interests and the idea of the "Nu Goth."

I am excited about where this journey is going to take me ^_^

P.S. Do you think I could pull off Litas even though I'm a guy?

No comments:

Post a Comment